Tuesday 13 April 2010

Tuesday True Confessions


 I am VERY excited to share my latest pattern purchase with you, dear readers:


Can't you see Cathy in this lovely late-Forties frock, long gathered sleeves covering her somewhat hairy upper arms?

Actually, I'm excited about this pattern for four reasons:

1. I think it's the perfect match for this vintage-inspired cotton sateen fabric I've had in my stash since last fall, somewhat reminiscent of coffin lining.



2. It will be make an ideal entry for Pattern Review's upcoming vintage pattern contest (which begins on April 15).

3.  While I paid $12.95 for it -- a lot for me -- it's currently selling elsewhere for $58, so it's sort of like I made $45 in the transaction.

4.  It's from the Forties, my new favorite fashion decade -- 1948 to be exact.  And speaking of 48 (gulp), guess who has a birthday coming up next week (April 21)!

Now isn't it funny how a man who thinks nothing of posing in 4-inch purple pumps in a daffodil-yellow skirt, hairy legs and all, feels a wee bit sensitive about his age?  This, when I'm only a ten-minute cab ride from some of the world's most renown plastic surgeons!

In the spirit of something an old therapist used to say to me, "Your secrets are your sickness,"  I invite you, open-minded readers, to lay one of yours on us, right here, right now.

It could be something as simple as, "I haven't changed my needle since 2005," to the more unsettling, "I routinely cut coupons with my Gingher shears."

It needn't be sewing related, though of course that's a good place to start since I know you're not all finishing your raw edges.

If it makes the exercise easier, please feel free to preface your statement with, "so I have this friend who..."  (spilled Hawaiian Punch on her mother's quilting project in 1983 and blamed it on her brother).

Of course, if it's something that could land you in jail, please post anonymously.

Let the healing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment