Thursday 15 April 2010

Peter and the Purple Rayon w/ POLL



I'm in a quandary, dear readers.  I have two projects I love equally that are competing for my attention and I can't decide which to do first.  (I intend to enter one of them in the Pattern Review vintage sewing contest that has just begun.)

This arrived yesterday, the 1948 McCall's pattern I planned to make with the rose-print cotton sateen I showed you the other day.





Just this last Tuesday, however, I found about four yards of heavy purple rayon at the Salvation Army -- wonderfully drapey and rich-looking and perfect for Hollywood 1471, my 1937 Joan Bennett-inspired dress:



I wasn't expecting the McCall's pattern to arrive so soon, so I spent nearly an hour yesterday morning prepping the Hollywood pattern which, by the way, looks unused.

I also found this at the Salvation Army yesterday:



It's a yard of polyester satin with a very retro rose print -- or are those peonies?  Anyway, I can definitely use it with this purple outfit.  A turban perhaps?

Dear readers, you know I rarely ask for advice, but I think I need your guidance on this one.  Which should I do first?  The 1948 McCall's or the 1937 Hollywood? 

Now before you more practical-minded types remind me about these, which obviously coordinate perfectly with the purple rayon...


....I feel I should tell you about these, which I found at the Salvation Army on the same day as the fabric and would be perfect with the 1948 dress:



You can see how this becomes confusing!

And so...



Your comments are also welcome, as always.  Dish it out, I can take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment