Friday 30 April 2010

Everything's Coming Up....



ROSES!

Yes, peeps, I made my decision and have opted to "say it with flowers."

Here's where things stand as of yesterday evening:



(I know it's not a track suit, Maggie, but let's be face it, I'd look pretty silly in a rose-print track suit.  A 1948 McCall's dress on the other hand...)

This dress has some interesting details I'd never tried before.  Rather than gathers at the shoulder and waist, the pattern calls for tucks, which are a little cleaner looking while creating a similar fullness.





Here's the pattern again, for those just coming in:



I think the simple lines of this dress will work with the fabric, or at least I hope they do.   It's a very literal print, if you know what I mean.  Roses.

Oh, before I forget:  McCall's patterns, back when they were known as McCall, are stunning: the pattern envelope has a high gloss, the pattern paper is beautiful and strong.  Highly recommended if you like vintage sewing.

For your entertainment, I was thinking Ethel Merman but stumbled upon this.  Watch out for falling petals!



TGIF, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment