Tuesday 20 April 2010

Sewing and the "Oh, $&%^*$!" Moment


We've all had them (I hope).  Everything's going along swimmingly with your latest sewing project...la la la...when suddenly ugh:



Of course, an upside down sleeve can work -- if you have a dislocated shoulder.

Sometimes mistakes can't be helped: you're overtired, you've grown a little weary of your project;  basically, your concentration is shot and you shouldn't be sewing at all.

As I'm winding up my 1937 Hollywood dress project, I'm having a few of these moments.  I'm tempted to show you what I did to the inside of my sleeve with my serger but I'm afraid it will work against me if I enter this dress in the Pattern Review vintage sewing contest.  The competition is ruthless: I'm up against one of my very own Bloggettes! 

Luckily, I am not a competitive person, no siree, ot nay ee may!  


I have a lot of studying to do, peeps...p. 174, blind hem stitch...

But wait!  Today is April 21, the day that officially cements me in late middle age -- middle, that is, if I live to be 96.  I will be spending most of the day massaging almond oil into my laugh lines.  And hemming my dress.  Maybe dinner out.   

 
And how is that purple 1937 dress coming along, you ask?

The big unveiling is coming soon!


So, loyal readers, what's been your worst sewing "Oh, $&%^*$!" moment?

Please share, it will make me feel better -- not younger, but better!

And speaking of defying advancing age...

We should all look so good at 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment