Saturday 27 March 2010

Meet the Bloggettes!



Yesterday I was thrilled to have lunch with those scribbling-and-sewing sweethearts, the Bloggettes!

Meet Taffy!



Marmalade!



Lycra!



And Chicklet!



Aren't they adorable, folks?  And they all have great clothes they've sewn themselves and blogged about!

Originally planned as a pow wow to strategize blogosphere domination, our afternoon together ended up being so much more.

First, we had a delicious lunch at Crisp @ 110 West 40th St.  Fabulous falafel, highly recommended!



Then we shopped -- work that hat, Lycra!



Then we posed:



-- again and again and again (was I not born for this fabric?).



After only a few hours, it was as if the Bloggettes and I had known each other all our lives, as we finished each other's sentences and shared our deepest, darkest secrets.  What is it about blogging about sewing that erases all boundaries in an instant?  It couldn't be healthy.

Anyway, being the tightwad disciplined shopper I am, I resisted the yards upon yards of fabric at Paron's, Metro Textiles, and Spandex House.  As for the Bloggettes, well, I'm sure they'll be blogging about their purchases shortly.

My take for the day:



You didn't actually think I'd buy fabric, did you -- and ruin my reputation?

Oh, before I forget, you'll be happy to know that I wore my new shirt -- AND stayed within my "new look" palette (Cathy's work wasn't in vain).



You may have noticed earlier that my shirt isn't quite....complete.

Who really needs cuffs, buttons, buttonholes, or a rolled hem?   It's still a shirt, isn't it?

The Bloggettes were thrilled to see this ripped-from-the-headlines garment in person and asked specifically to see the few stubborn stain remnants visible on the shirt itself.  Specimens were sent to the lab with results due back shortly.

As for the beautiful Bloggettes, you'll be hearing more about them for sure.  These women are formidable: they can sew, they can shop, and they can write about it.

Visit their blogs today (just click their names).  Tell them "Sequins" sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment