Wednesday 7 July 2010

Troy Donahue Lives!



Squint hard -- don't I look like Troy Donahue?  Harder, harder!

 



Despite temperatures in the triple digits yesterday, I completed my cabana set.  Now all I need is the cabana.

Despite the worst directions for attaching a shirt yoke facing ever, I managed to stitch this up pretty fast.  I used a few vintage buttons on the front...



And added the oversized front pockets, which definitely give it a vintage look:



Having only purchased a yard-and-a-half of this seersucker, I didn't have quite enough for the shirt, so I had to make the inside yoke out of a different seersucker I had left over from a pair of pajama bottoms I made for Michael way back when.



Not pretty, but thankfully hidden inside.

The dogs were so happy to model with me this morning, despite not getting matching muumuus.



I hope you like the shirt as much as I do.  But more importantly, what do you think of me as a blonde?  Dreamy...or bad dream? 

The beauty is there was absolutely no peroxide involved!

 

 

I'm tired and hot but plowing ahead.  Five days to Fire Island!

P.S. -- A special thank you to the many readers who expressed concern about the wisdom of wet seersucker.  Rest assured I will be wearing the appropriate foundation garments.  I'm strictly a pre-code kind of guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment