Tuesday 6 July 2010

Love is a Seersucker Bathing Suit



Ta da!  A new bathing suit for me, me, ME!

We're keeping it positive today, friends.  Not one word about E-lame, who's obviously experiencing a meltdown judging from yesterday's desperate attempt to smear not only me, but my beautiful, not short cousin Cathy too.  I take it all with a grain of salt and a few Extra Strength Tylenol.

Yesterday, desperate to escape the ugliness, I faced near 100 degree temperatures and slogged my way to 39th Street for a little fabric shopping.  I won't show you everything I bought, but I did pick up a yard and a half of this multicolored cotton seersucker that I've seen in the store for many a month.  You'd think at $2/yd. it would sell faster.



I decided to make myself a pair of retro-style swim trunks from a vintage (well, 1984) McCall's pattern I bought last fall.



The pattern has cute little details, like this front pocket:



And the split hem on the outside leg:



The back waistband has a casing for elastic for a snugger fit.



Instead of a zipper fly I used velcro.  I added a velcro closure to the waistband too.



It all went together very easily and I still have enough fabric for either a matching short-sleeve shirt or matching chihuahua muumuus.   Is a cabana set too over the top?  Please advise.

Big hot day of sewing ahead, needless to say.  







Have a great day, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment