Sunday 4 July 2010

Find Me a Style Icon - Win Valuable Prizes!


Friends, once again I come to you for help.

After yesterday's post about female style icons I realized that nearly everybody -- Cathy included -- has a style icon except me.  I am among the icon-challenged. 

I've thought about possibilities but I'm hitting a wall.

Naturally, one starts with those one is said most closely to resemble.


Zac, obviously.  But he has very different coloring than I do and he's hardly a fashion leader.


Paul.  He was short, but I don't know...I'm not feeling it.


Dan.  He's certainly attractive in a boy band sort of way, but that shirt...no, he's off the list.

Then there are the classic debonair types:


Elegant and well tailored all, but I'm not a suit and tie sort of guy.  I've never worn a pocket square in my life and I'm not about to start now.   Uh uh.

What's to become of me, readers?   It's like being out to sea without an anchor or a sail or a rudder or something; I haven't spent much time on boats to be honest.

So this is what I ask of you.  You know me pretty well by now.  Give me two names.  One a living person, one dead.  Living, so I can trust this person dresses like people really do today;  dead, so I can potentially track down some of their old clothes.

As for valuable prizes, I have some fantastic vintage patterns I've accumulated over the last year.  I'll let you pick one; we'll work something out.  But goodness, I would hope you'll do this out of friendship and not for the reward.

Won't you find me a style icon?  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment