Friday 23 July 2010

Peter's (near) perfect summer shirt!


Thanks for dropping by, Jude.  We'll call you.

So remember how I kvetched on Wednesday about style versus comfort on these balmy summer days?  And remember that I showed you this fabric I bought -- sort of a lawn-weight, eggshell white, loose cotton weave?



Well, using a favorite vintage men's shirt pattern of mine, Butterick  4712 (the same one I used for the orange flowered shirt in my blog header)...



...I made this:





It's a banded-collar shirt (my first), loose and airy; dressier than a caftan top with it's long cuffed sleeves and sleeve plackets, but more casual than a regular dress shirt with its side vents, lack of collar, and semi-transparent fabric.   Now if only I could master Jude's suit....



 



I think it's the perfect combination of style and comfort, modesty and elegance!



It even gives those pajama pants a little more class.  I'm now nearly ready to visit all you sub-tropical dwellers and thanks again for the invite(s)!

I'm very happy with the way this turned out, though now, somewhat predictably, Michael wants one too so it's back to the sweat shop for me.

Today is a special day for another reason: it's our six month anniversary.  No, not mine and Michael's -- mine and yours.  Do you believe it?  Half a year and we haven't once argued.  Thanks again for spending your time with me, Michael, and the dogs.  It gives us hope to know that in some parts of the world one still needs Ugg boots not to freeze to death.

Somehow the week has flown by in a blur of cotton stripes and white gauze.  Never ceases to amaze me.  I'm in laundry mode here.  You?

Have a great day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment