Monday 5 July 2010

Monarch Monday Madness + GOALS!


Can inspirations from nature ever be too literal?

These ladybug print pants are kind of cute (I've been meaning to share this photo with you for quite some time):


But it's a slippery slope, don't you agree?  (especially if you're short)


Moving right along...

What a wild, warm and wacky week we just had, right?  And the week to come promises to be even wackier and warmer!

I have exactly one week before our Fire Island trip, and I'm just now sitting down with a pile of assorted spandex tops and bottoms (my research tools) and figuring out just how to make Cathy a bathing suit.  I'm trying not to panic.  


Meanwhile, look what I won on eBay last night:



Guess who I'm sending the bill to as soon as I can track down her mailing address.  I know you guys were pretty evenly split about this pattern but I'll try to make it worth your while.  If nothing else I'll learn how to do a rolled hem on my serger.

So, quick, let's review last week.   Not that much to tell, project-wise.

1.  I finished the Twenties dress and was able to rouse Cathy with some mild stimulants to model it for me.

I never did draft a shirt or make shorts, though with the temperatures hovering around 100 degrees I wish I had.

And as for this coming week:

1.  Must assemble Cathy's beach wardrobe.  She and I need to sit down and discuss just what I'm expected to provide and what she's bringing herself.  Hopefully she'll be carting her baby blue Samsonite make-up case.  I'm not her valet after all.

2.  If there's time, I may try to draft a shirt.  Or make shorts.  Or something.

Now how about you?

Sarah: Did you make your sundress?  Sewforward: How's the wearable art garment coming along?  Rebecca: Did you finish your beach cover-up?  Maybe you can give me some tips for Cathy's.  Elle: What did you wear to your 4th of July party?  Cath: When are you due and have you mastered your walking foot?  Lorrwill: How did the pencil skirt turn out?  Smarty Pantalons:  Who is Mrs. G?

OK, that's enough nagging.  When the temperature reaches 90, I start to tune out and seek mindless distractions.  Yesterday I watched my fourth (of four) Troy Donahue movies from my "Warner Bros. Romance Classics Collection" and when I think that less than ten years later he was making soft-core exploitation movies like "The Love-Thrill Murders"....well it makes me very scared -- for Cathy.

Oh, by the way, I'm SO very grateful for all your wonderful style icon suggestions yesterday.  I'm still trying to figure out who they all are and will report back later in the week for sure.

So, what are you sewing this week?  Nothing with butterfly wings I hope!

Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment