Monday 14 June 2010

Hair Expo 2010

Hair Expo Australia has come and gone for another year, held over the June long weekend at the Sydney exhibition centre in Darling Harbour.
This year I worked for Sharon Blain's The Art of Hair as a lingerie clad femme fatale in an Agent Provocateur inspired show. The show began with a man dressed in trench coat and hat standing under a street lamp while I circled him in silhouette before I strangled him with the belt of my coat! Very fun role to play! My team of sexy assassins then appeared and we performed a routine choreographed by the lovely Sally Clark to the track Confide in Me wearing various forms of pink lingerie, see-through plastic coats and jewels. The hair was amazing, some girls had huge bows made of hair and others had large rolls almost like tubes twisted around. It took a lot of pins, braids, hairspray, gel and sewing to keep it all in place!


I also performed at the Schwarzkopf show which was held on the final night of Hair Expo at the gala awards evening. There were many sections to the show from military, cyber sport, new rebel, punk princess and boudoir. I was in the cyber sport section and we wore dresses made out of coloured wetsuit material with Schwarzkopf graphic leggings and armbands, acrylic jewellery, orange elastic heels and had bright blue or green eyes with bright orange nail polish.


Blogging about this years Hair Expo got me thinking and I can't find a blog about previous years shows, so I thought I'd post a few images from past Hair Expo shows...I wasn't able to find a photo from all the shows I've done but here are a few I could find...

Opening the Robert Lobetta show flying through the air in a harness

As the queen in a renaissance inspired show for The Art of Hair

In a mullet wig for H.E.A.D. Japan

My first ever Hair Expo show for a team from London back in 2003

White wig for a Wildlife Hair show

Wearing a vampire head for another Wildlife show

Inside a huge blow up ball for the gala night

No comments:

Post a Comment