Friday 11 June 2010

Are You Naughty or Nice?


No Christmas presents today, kids, sorry.

So here's the thing:

I've noticed that most people's style tends in one of two directions: naughty or -- you guessed it -- nice.  I'm talking about people's personal style here, not their personalities.  You may be a serial killer for all I know; that would be naughty indeed but not relevant to the topic at hand.

Take me for instance.  I'm a nice and always have been.  This is about as naughty as I get (Cathy styled this photo -- it's a little out there for me.)

From NEW LOOKS

Normally I look like this.  Aging but wholesome!



Then there's my partner Michael.  He's a naughty.  Left to his own devices, he'd wear jeans cut too low and ripped in all the wrong places, a see-through tank top, and studded leather wrist bands.  Ewww.  I've actually given up trying to do anything about it (as you may recall) though I'm not above the odd barely-audible-but-definitely-hostile chortle.

My style icons?  Wholesome.



A naughty person's icons would include someone like this...


or this...


or this...


Not sure which type you are?

Here's a simple test.  Complete the following:

Debbie ___________.

If you said Reynolds, you're a nice.  If you said Harry, you're a naughty, see?   Here's another.

Ozzie __________.

If you said Nelson, you're a nice.  If you said Osborne, you're a naughty.

Simple.

More naughty:


More nice:


Frankly, readers, it seems that people today are so desperate to be naughty -- think Halloween and all the naughty Santa, naughty nurse, naughty everything costumes that are all the rage -- that projecting nice is positively subversive!

So how about you?  I can say with confidence, having read many of your blogs and comments here, we have some definite naughties among us -- I won't name names!

Are you a naughty or a nice?  If so, why do you think?  Were you rebelling against an oppressive childhood of church picnics and beach party movies?  Was your mother a Donna Reed wannabe?  Or just the opposite: were you raised by a woman named Rainbow on a commune and forced to wear fringe vests and peace-sign-embossed leather headbands, and chew peyote gum?

How does your nice/naughty style manifest itself?

Are you Debbie, Doris, or the devil?

Enquiring minds want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment