Monday 1 February 2010

Monday impulse purchase: MORE fabric

I know, I know, I just wrote below that I hate having a stash. But I had an hour to kill this morning so I hopped over to the ne-plus-ultra of fabric store dives, H&M, this one on 35th between 7th & 8th (there's another on 39th St).  Here's what I bought:

As usual, $2 a yard -- my limit these days, but you'd be surprised at what's out there at that price.

This one's a cotton knit for my Mom's robe.  I love that Good & Plenty palate.  Hope Mom doesn't mind that the stripes go horizontal!   Actually, I may play with that a bit and create some diamond shapes with the pattern, if I can.  (I saw an Adrian suit at the latest FIT show that gave me the idea.)

FEB 4 UPDATE : Mom doesn't like it (grrr.....).



The other fabric I bought is a very lightweight cotton plaid I'll use to make a shirt for Michael.  He really deserves it after playing photographer for all those Cathy shoots (not to mention living in the eye of a constant sewing storm).


You'll be seeing more of these down the line for sure.  Maybe even this week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment