Friday 12 February 2010

Fantastic thrift store finds!


In addition to sewing up a storm during a storm, I also found some great things at the Salvation Army this week that I have to share with you.

First, I found some fun fabric.  How about this piece of faux tiger?  It's less than a yard, but about 64 inches wide.  A stole for Cathy...a vest for me...?

Ideas, people, I need ideas!

From new fabric!

Then there's this large Vera cotton print table cloth.  Yoga pants perhaps?  A summer blazer?

From new fabric!

I also found fabulous dead stock hosiery, which is always fun -- and practical.  Any idea why this woman is standing in a shelfless brass etagere with a plastic geranium?


And who doesn't love hot pink thigh-high fishnets?

 


But best of all are the HATS I found, many wonderful hats for $2.99 each!

From Salvation Army Hats

From Salvation Army Hats




From Salvation Army Hats
I think THIS is my favorite:

From Salvation Army Hats


There are too many hat pics to post here, so check out my (ever-growing) Picasa hat gallery.


Finally, I received this nifty vintage pattern in the mail. I got it because it reminds me of Doris Day in "Teachers Pet."  Plus that prophecy stamped right on the front was so...uplifting.


 

 

I can see I have a lot of sewing to do -- but then again, it IS Friday.  Where do I begin?

Where would you begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment