Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valentines Day, Honey

Here's your jumpsuit!



I've had this vintage Seventies pattern for a while now.  Please, no jokes.  I mean, I know.  That short white terrycloth number, when was that in fashion?  Nonetheless, I'd bought it: I had to sew it.


I'd attempted to make this last fall with some stretchy knit, a bolt of which I'd found on the street.  The result was a flop: the fabric was simply too elastic to hold its shape and I hadn't yet perfected my invisible zipper technique (Wonder Tape, Wonder Tape, Wonder Tape).

I'd bought this cotton/poly knit two weeks ago, thinking I'd make my mother a robe, but she's averse to horizontal stripes, apparently.   So I had to come up with some substitute use.  I really love that Good and Plenty color scheme.

Michael has been wanting some lounging togs for a while now, and this fit the bill.   Admittedly, it's not something one would wear in front of guests, but alone, in the privacy of one's home, why not?

I got to use my serger -- which I finally rethreaded with black thread -- and that helped a lot.  I tried hard to line up those stripes: very challenging with a knit.  The pattern actually says not suitable for stripes, so of course I had to try.




This is actually an extremely comfortable and toasty little jumpsuit, albeit a little "Boys in the Band" for most men.

Here's the Valentines Day card shot, hubba hubba.


Wait -- I almost forgot: ta da! 



I hope you're all spending the day with someone you love, even if it's just yourself.

Oh, and don't forget to enter my anniversary giveaway contest.  The deadline is 10 pm EST tonight (Sunday).

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment