Thursday 23 December 2010

Peter's Holiday Hodgepodge



Readers, it can no longer be ignored: it's almost you-know-what-mas again.  I hope you've been good little girls and boys; I know I have been!

And speaking of Christmas miracles, just look what I found in the trash yesterday when I was doing laundry.



I call these suede beauties my Sally McGraws, though they're actually by Liz Clairborne.  Might they be prominently featured in a loving visual homage to Sally-style and her fantastic blog Already Pretty sometime in early 2011?  I know Cathy's game; if ONLY we could get Sally to appear as well.  (Universe, do your thing!)

Meanwhile, you'll be happy to know that my back is much, much better, so much so that I was able to launder both my plaid cotton flannel and my leopard cotton velvet.  Both came out beautifully and I couldn't keep myself from experimenting with a little topstitching on the leopard with my new Singer 15-90 treadle.





In even more electrifying news, I have begun to dismantle the wiring of my dearly beloved but dangerous Singer 15-91.  I'm a little embarrassed to show you the state of this machine's wiring for fear you'll think I harbored a death wish.

I'm not sure a shock from an electrified all-metal sewing machine body could kill a person unless it were tossed in one's bath, but it could definitely make one's hair stand on end and result in mild-to-moderate memory loss if a calmer overall affect.


Brace yourself, kids:











I think I'm up to the challenge of this rewiring project and it's helpful to know that many MPB readers have done this themselves -- or at least have an opinion about it.  I feel less alone.

Friends, that's it!  I'm cautiously optimistic about the prospects of getting some real sewing done today.  Sexy leopard pants by Christmas?  We'll see.

Happy Thursday, everybody! 

Any snow falling out there?

BTW, where does one purchase a solderer -- solder gun...blow torch?  Will I need goggles?

No comments:

Post a Comment