Monday 27 December 2010

Leopard Print Pants and the Holiday Hangover



We're in post-holiday recovery mode here today, folks.  I feel so grateful this time of year -- mainly that I'm not stranded in a Chicago airport waiting for my flight to be rescheduled.  Life is good.



We're snowed in here in New York City.   It's cold, blustery, and very, very white. Luckily Michael and I returned home from his parents' house in suburban New Jersey before the snow started to fall on Sunday.   We had a very nice weekend and I received as a gift a lovely pale gray cashmere sweater.  No complaints here.

We made time to create a visual homage to the legendary, leoparded Ann Margret. I think this portrait captures perfectly the spirit of Christmas, don't you?





Refined readers, the novelty of the leopard pants is beginning to wear off and I think it's time to put them away until I have opportunity to debut them in public.  Please help me create that opportunity.  Do you know any celebrities? Are one yourself?  A-list, B-list, up-and-comers, has-beens -- it's all the same to me.  Let's have dinner.

Last leopard pics before toll:







Those who wish to follow the leopard journey in its entirety can view my Picasa file here.

The week between Christmas and New Years is generally a period of rest.  Not at MPB, however.   There's so much sewing yet to do, so many machines needing oil, spit and polish, and new wiring (ugh).

And how about you?  Are you sewing this week or just returning gifts?

What's going back to the store and why?  Change the names to protect the innocent but do tell.  Any good sewing-related gifts?  How were your gifts received?

Jump in!

No comments:

Post a Comment