Wednesday 16 December 2009

Filming and flares

Just wrapped filming a TV commercial for Asian Paints which will air early next year in India, Sri Lanka and a few other countries.
We shot the commercial at the stunning Strickland House in Vaucluse where the film Australia was also filmed. Strickland House has the most amazing views of the Sydney skyline and harbour, it's such a great place to call your office for the day!
One of my scenes was me as a magicians assistant showing the audience inside a mansion, lighting up the room with a flare...and I actually used a real flare! I wasn't nervous until they brought in medics on standby, had fire extinguishers, buckets of water and face masks, then I was a little scared I might set the house on fire or my hair!! I started thinking I might have a Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial moment! Eek.
On the third take ash fell from the flare right in my eye! It was pretty painful surprisingly, I couldn't stop my eye from watering and ruined all my makeup. I felt sorry for the poor makeup lady Sarah. Sorry Sarah! She had to re-do my makeup again!
Other than that little incident it all went well and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

My outfit was screaming the 80's!
First scene with the flareThe ash fell in my eye right about now...So much smoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment