Friday 5 November 2010

Better taste and NO caffeine!


Friends, I'd like to introduce you to New Male Pattern Boldness -- caffeine free, low in sugar, and remarkably gentle in your wash cycle.  Sadly it remains as calorie dense as ever and dangerously high in sodium, but our staff scientists are working on it.

I can't say I'm feeling better after five days off caffeine and sugar because I feel worse.   I'm not sure how much is due to caffeine withdrawal and how much is just plain old stress.  I needn't remind close readers that my brother is getting married this weekend, and tonight starts three days of wedding festivities (his lovely fiancée hails from Mumbai, which explains the three-day thing).  I only hope my brother remembers.  I'm not sure what I'm wearing but whatever it is, it had better be in my closet already.  I think if I felt a little better health-wise I'd be more excited.  Maybe a cup of coffee.

I experienced another night of intermittent ear flapping and I do think it's time we crated those animals at bedtime.  They hang out in their crates a lot so it's not like they'd be in jail or anything.

Of course more stressful than an Indian wedding is dealing with off-grain houndstooth, which brings me to the thrill ride that is McCall's 2242.  You'll be happy to hear that I am nearly finished with the tunic.

Here's a peek at the back:



And here's the front:



I decided that topstitching was not necessary after all; I think it's more elegant without.  It still needs sleeves, but you get the idea:



Sort of Robin Hood meets Valley of the Dolls, no?

I am hoping to get started on the shorts and then the long pants (in the black and white houndstooth) but I am not sure how much sewing I am going to be able to get accomplished between the wedding and my low energy.  Maybe I have low-grade food poisoning (Is there such a thing?) or a mild flu.  Or just post election nausea.

Oh, I also picked up some tricot knit interfacing for the jacket, as well as black bias tape for trim.  I'll have to figure that one out.





Readers, aside from your usual aches and pains, compulsions and phobias, I hope you find yourself feeling well today.  The weekend is upon us.

For those not attending an Indian wedding, I hope you have time to yourselves to do the things you love to do.  And please think of me.

Happy Friday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment