Saturday 30 October 2010

Manscaping - yea or nay?


Good morning, smooth-skinned ladies and rough-stubbled gentlemen!  Today we're discussing --

No.  No, I can't.  Not this topic.

At Male Pattern Boldness we have our standards.   The very idea of manscaping strikes me as vulgar and, frankly, a little prurient.  I apologize to the vulgar and prurient among you.  The staff member responsible for suggesting manscaping will be disciplined.

Instead, refined readers, today we're talking...houndstooth!

Just look what I picked up yesterday for Cathy's new One Pattern Wardrobe contest entry!  Two yards (the last two, sadly) of this:

 
It's a soft cotton twill with, thankfully, no stretch. And then I also purchased -- are you sitting down? -- five yards of this:





A bold, oversized houndstooth double knit. Now look at them together.



Does this not literally scream 1969-1970?  Just a reminder, here's my pattern, which had better get here early next week.



I'm thinking the whole enchilada (matching jacket and pants) in the black and white, and the top and shorts in the red and black.  Groovy, right?  And did I mention they were both $2/yd?

Oh, and then, friends, on a preliminary reconnaissance mission to the Salvation Army -- this:





Does that hat not evoke every late-Sixties Vogue Paris Original pattern that ever made you bark, Enough with the double knit A-line sheaths already!?


Not to mention That Girl.


But back to houndstooth.  It's everywhere these days.


So many great possibilities.  I am thinking that I'll also want to make the top in a third fabric, maybe a stripe, maybe a solid in a really pow color.  What do you think?

Your suggestions yesterday were very helpful, btw.  I'm psyched.

In closing, readers, I suppose it's only fair to ask you about manscaping.  We are living in a rather in-your-face, no-holds-barred world, alas.

If you must opine on the subject of manscaping, do so, but please, be discreet.  A simple yea or nay will suffice, no gory details.  There are children reading, not to mention the painfully naive.

Have a great day, everybody!

"Tinsel on a tree" -- forty years later, I finally understand that lyric.



No comments:

Post a Comment