Sunday 31 October 2010

Back to NZ!

Day 1:
It was that time of year again...time to head back to beautiful New Zealand for the summer fashion shows! This time the team and I headed to Christchurch. We've been there so many times now we know our way around the city so well! We landed at the airport, dropped our suitcases off at the hotel and headed straight to the venue for an afternoon of fittings and rehearsals.

Day 2:
We had the morning off so it was time for some retail therapy and some exploring around Christchurch! In the afternoon we headed to the venue for hair and makeup before the VIP night fashion show. I had a little 50's inspired floral swimsuit outfit complete with a white rubber swimming cap covered in flowers...I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of my grandmother in a similar outfit! Haha! After the show my roomies and I ordered room service and watched some movies.

Backstage with Christina Nouri

Day 3:
More shows today followed by DIY mani & pedi's in the hotel room and the yummiest dinner with the Aussie cast members of the show at a little Italian restaurant just a short walk from our hotel. I didn't catch the name of the restaurant but I'm sure we'll be heading back there next time!

Backstage with Christina Nouri and Sarah Jane Coombe


 Dinner with the Australian cast



Day 4:
Last day of shows today and we definitely did our best shows of the week! So much fun! After the last show we headed straight to the airport, our flight was delayed for a half hour but we were soon on our flight back to Sydney. We landed and I had to rush straight to the Con Pasion and Crystal Boudoir shows suitcases and all! I was so exhausted after two fashion shows, two contortion shows and an international flight I crashed in to bed the second I got home. zzzzzzzz

Lunch break between shows with Sarah Jane Coombe

With some of the NZ cast members

Killing time at the airport with Melissa Ambrosini

No comments:

Post a Comment