Wednesday 6 April 2011

Scary girdles and other new acquisitions



WARNING: CLUTTER ADDICTS PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

As you already know, readers, I live near the Chelsea Flea Market and like to stroll through on weekend mornings.  When I'm searching for something specific I am super-focused; otherwise I just amble and see what finds me.

Last Saturday, I was in amble mode (aside from a necklace for Cathy, which I found, thankfully).   At $2 a pair, I couldn't resist these dead stock foundation garments.  So comfy looking,











I hope none of you are still wearing these except for the occasional bedroom romp.

I'm always on the look out for gloves, and Cathy will rock these red ones some day.



Two new $1 patterns; the Vogue is a keeper.





Still mourning la Liz, I magically stumbled upon this old Harper's Bazaar from 1983 -- spooky!



I was reminded how Eighties the Eighties really were: boxy coats, black paired with bold color, big (BIG) hair!





Meanwhile, thanks to eBay, Ken and Allan have some new clothes!



Cute, no?



Yesterday while walking the dogs, I found this little Taschen fashion book: a condensed version of a larger two-volume edition showcasing highlights from the Kyoto Costume Institute (for sale on Amazon here).



As beautiful as these photos are, I prefer to see clothes modeled on women of the period.  (That's why I'm such a fan of Marsha Hunt's The Way We Wore).  I like context.









Friends, we're out of time, not to mention space!

I hope that whatever new acquisitions you're welcoming into your lives, you're tossing away twice as many.  That's the goal for us here at Male Pattern Boldness and if we don't always live up to it, well...nobody's perfect.

May your foundation garments keep you cool and comfortable on these sunny spring days. 

Happy Wednesday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment