Monday 28 February 2011

More Shirts, More Dolls -- Wow!



OK, was I like, not supposed to post this fabulous photo recently uploaded to the Men's Sew-Along Flickr group just because it can already be seen on the blog of Canadian sew-alongette and Mom-of-adorable-boy-model, Sony?

Let Sony have her attorneys contact my attorneys.

Sony is one of those annoyingly creative sewers who don't only have superb skills but also exquisite taste.  When Sony finds a spare moment in her busy day raising her own children, she whips up things like this for her friends' kids.



And -- as if you couldn't guess -- she knits too, inventively.


Naturally, Sony also writes, cooks, and does photography, all beautifully archived on her charming blog, Sewing Roots.  Friends, what are we going to do about the Sony's of the world?

I wasn't much happier to see this exquisite creation in our Sew-Along Flickr group, which looks like it was ripped out of a Barney's window display created by Simon Doonan.  What's up with that? 



To his credit, at least talented Edsel doesn't have a blog -- yet.

Moving on, the Vinyls were all set to play tennis today.



But it's raining hard, so no go.  New outfits for nothing!



Earlier, I'd dug out my Sterilite plastic toy box and look what I found:  Skooter, shoeless and still dressed for a party she attended -- at the Dream House, no doubt -- forty-five years ago.  There's something slightly Miss Havisham-esque about this pre-teen.



A Malibu Barbie I picked up who knows where, who could use a bath.



And this lovely brunette Sixties Barbie my dear departed friend and Barbie collector Kurt gave me many years ago.





It may be time to get Barbie a Sixties mod dress (no Seventies fringe, Lauriana -- promise!) and some shoes.

Meanwhile, two new Kens will be joining the family later this week.  I think this a Malibu Ken -- or Melanoma Ken -- I'm not sure.  What a tan!



And also a Live Action Ken (without his bandstand, alas).  I don't have a good pic of him yet but who couldn't use a little live action in their lives?  (see video  below)

That's it, kids!  I have a lot of sewing and net gathering to do this week as well as continued Men's Shirt Sew-Along nagging.   Busy, busy, busy!

Happy Monday, everybody!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment